PRODUCTS: RFID DEVICES
RFID, which stands for Radio Frequency Identification, is not a suitable replacement for barcodes in all operating environments, but it does offer some advantages that we can help you understand and realize. The first step is to identify your specific needs:
- What environmental factors and weather extremes will the RFID tag encounter?
- Do you need fixed, mobile readers or some combination of both?
- What are the required read ranges and do you need non-line-of-site reading?
- Is item serialization needed?
- Will your items be traveling or fixed when read (if traveling, how fast)?
- Do any of the tracked items contain metal in its construction or packaging?
Getting the answers to these questions will help us determine if RFID is a suitable and feasible solution for your tracking needs. If the answer is yes, then Taylor Data Systems can help you configure the best mix and set-up for RFID devices from the industry leaders: Honeywell, Zebra, and Impinj. These devices include:
- Handheld Readers
- Fixed Readers
- Reader Antennas
- Rfid Printers